On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 7:05 AM D Margaux <dmargaux...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Additionally, I do not think the conditional vote “required the report
> ratification to go through before the voting period ended”; did it?  If the
> empty reports self-ratify tomorrow, wouldn’t your vote still resolve to FOR?
> That is because, upon self-ratification, the Clork and Astronomor switches
> would revert to their default values at the time of the report publication,
> which would be before the end of the voting period.
>
> So I could have waited until report self-ratification and assessed the votes
> the same way on Wednesday (but didn’t have to because of my ratification
> without objection).

That's another case that depends on whether ratification creates a
legal fiction about the past.  If it does, that would work.  If it
doesn't... well, it depends on whether you read R2127's "a conditional
vote is evaluated at the end of the voting period" as (a) "a
conditional vote is evaluated at the time of resolution based on
circumstances at the end of the voting period", or (b) literally "a
conditional vote is automatically evaluated at the end of the voting
period, and that value is then stuck into the gamestate, waiting to be
used when it's resolved".  In the latter case, it also works, because
ratification would change that value stuck in the gamestate.  In the
former case, ratifying after the end of the voting period but before
assessment wouldn't work; ratifying *after* assessment would work if
not for the prohibition on ratification implicitly modifying the
ruleset.