On 7/6/2019 10:16 AM, Kerim Aydin wrote:

On 7/6/2019 6:56 AM, James Cook wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 at 15:11, Kerim Aydin <ke...@uw.edu> wrote:
On 7/2/2019 6:02 PM, Kerim Aydin wrote:
[Quick!  While it's still current!]

Court Gazette (Arbitor's Weekly Report)

By this announcement, 5 coins are earned by G. for publishing the above
Arbitor's weekly report.

I don't think that worked, due to R478's text "...and announcing that
e performs it." about "by announcement" actions. This looks similar to
CFJ 3002, though I don't know how the ruleset has changed since then.

Ok, this is a ridiculous level of semantic hair-splitting even for Agora,
sorry.  It's an announcement, that specifies both the action and amount
earned, and it's clear the announcement was made by me (i.e. that I earned
the coins by making the announcement).

Oops, sent too soon, meant to add:

The difference between this and CFJ 3002 (unfortunately missing the message
that's the subject of that CFJ) is the inclusion of G. as the specified
actor in the current message, even if in passive voice.

The CFJ 3002 message was this:
> This statement causes the creation of a CfJ of Inquiry questioning its own
> legality.

where the caller explicitly says that "the statement causes" along with
some purposeful self-reference instead of a straightforward use of the
passive voice ("by this announcement ... G.").

-G.