So, starting with a trivial case, I think it’s pretty clear that a player
registering does not constitute a “change in the ruleset,” even though it
affects the functioning of rules with regard to that person. My goal was word
the rule such that it under the same case. However, an argument could be made
that the change here is somehow more “fundamental” because it affects the
relationship between rules themselves, and therefore is a rule change.

Gaelan