On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 1:22 PM Kerim Aydin <ke...@uw.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 12:32 PM Alexis Hunt via agora-discussion
> <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> > Warrigal's proposal of pragmatic validation is an interesting one, and one
> > that I haven't really seen Agora use before if memory serves. The one I'm
> > familiar with is having actions be POSSIBLE but ILLEGAL where they would
> > create platonic problems.

Oh!  And I'm reminded of a different sort of pragmatism we had circa
2004.  At that time we weren't using accumulated currencies, we were
using "action points" (i.e. you got action points that reset monthly
so you could perform N actions per month baseline, but they didn't
accumulate).  The system there was "assume success unless the Officer
says you didn't have enough action points".  The officer was under a
SHALL to check all transactions, but any that got missed (after a
certain time limit) succeeded "for free".