On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 at 19:04, Gaelan Steele via agora-business
<agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> The way zombie auctions work, you can’t bid for yourself—you just bid on the
> auction in general, and then whoever has the highest bid gets Trigon, whoever
> has the second highest gets Nch, whoever has the third highest gets you, and
> so on. So if you want to win yourself, you’ll have to make sure you stay
> exactly in third place.
>
> CFJ: { CuddleBeam bid in an auction in the quoted message. }
>
> Arguments: {
> I could imagine the message being parsed two ways:
>
> A: I bid 15 coins in the action, for the purpose of winning myself
> B: I bid 15 coins in the [nonexistent] auction for myself
>
> If it’s A, CuddleBeam’s bid was probably EFFECTIVE: we include non-normative
> commentary in BUS messages all the time, and we consider actions EFFECTIVE
> even when they obviously don’t do what the actor was trying to do.
>
> If it’s B, it’s ineffective, because it’s trying to bid in a nonexistent
> auction.
> }
>
> Gaelan

Gratuitous: FALSE, since Alexis pointed out in this same thread that
this auction was probably never initiated. (This argument assumes
zombie auctions don't work, which I think Alexis is planning to find
soon in eir judgement of CFJ 3793.)

- Falsifian