On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 4:32 PM Jason Cobb wrote:

> On 2/12/20 9:17 PM, Jason Cobb via agora-official wrote:
> > PROPOSAL 8317 (Zombie trade)
> > FOR (5): Alexis%, Bernie, Gaelan, omd, twg&
> > AGAINST (6): Aris, Falsifian$, G., Jason, Rance, o
> > PRESENT (0):
> > BALLOTS: 11
> > AI (F/A): 21/19 (AI=1.0)
> > OUTCOME: ADOPTED
>

> Out of curiosity, what the reward have been if this had passed? Would
> the author have lost a coin or would nothing happen when e was granted
> the reward?

There's several scattered but consistent precedents to the effect that
currency units are "actual things" and aren't reversible operations
like pure numbers, e.g. if you have to "lose N coins" but N turns out
to be negative, you don't magically gain coins, because "negative
coins" don't exist as an Agoran concept.  I imagine the "grant"
definition of R2577 would be the same interpretation, that "granting
negative coins" is a no-op, and doesn't imply "destroying coins"
(though I don't think that particular version of R2577 has been
tested).

-G.