Publius Scribonius Scholasticus wrote:
> twg deputised for the Prime Minister and it was not noted as a
> temporary deputisation, therefore e became Prime Minister. However, e
> also made emself Speaker. One of these was not possible, according to
> R2472, which states, "Rules to the contrary notwithstanding, a player
> CANNOT be installed into an office if doing so would make em
> Overpowered." However, if one of these wasn't possible, then the other
> was. This seems to create a paradox.

R2472 (Office Incompatibilities) is Power-2, whereas R2160
(Deputisation) is Power-3 and overrides it. This gets exploited every
now and again (mostly by G., IIRC), but has never been fixed for
precisely this reason - all the simple ways of fixing it cause
paradoxes.

> Either way, I demand resignation from twg with notice. I also ENDORSE
> CuddleBeam in the election for Prime Minister. I believe that this
> obligates twg to give me 600 coins, but will hold off on a CFJ until
> someone contests it.

Unfortunately, I think you are not eligible to vote because you were not
a player when the voting period began.

-twg
  • DIS: Re: BUS: Re: Del... Timon Walshe-Grey via agora-discussion