On 4/25/2020 8:19 PM, Aris Merchant via agora-discussion wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 3:55 PM Kerim Aydin wrote:
>>
>> R2478 says that the investigator CAN "conclude" the investigation by
>> calling shenanigans.  I'd argue that the common definition of "conclude"
>> (supported by an ethical/good of the game desire to avoid double jeopardy)
>> means you can't conclude the same thing twice.
>>
>> I think it's clear that if someone else points their finger, starting a
> different investigation, that would be separately resolvable? I can't open
> the rules at the moment, so it's possible that there's an obvious bar I'm
> missing.

There's no bar to that - I just didn't personally feel like raising the
issue in CFJ or asking a hypothetical, when the referee had opined within
the bounds of reason, and the standard for shenanigans is what the referee
"believed" was true (If it was a different standard I might have CFJ'd).

Oh, I may see the confusion - I said initially there was "no way" to CFJ
the referee's finding, when what I really meant was something like there
was "no valid legal reason" (the finding having met the proper standard of
belief and all).

-G.