Trigon wrote:

By the way, I found the Kingmaking thread which pushed me over 1000 coins. Thanks, I guess, but I'm really not sure why it was done. I can't find much commentary about it in the Reportor's summaries or the mailing lists themselves.

Oh, because I was expecting coins to be repealed soon and thought "well,
I've got 500-ish coins, Trigon's got 500-ish coins, may as well do this
rather than risk a prisoner's dilemma over it". I missed that you were a
zombie until shortly afterward, which then turned it into "welp I just
made the next auction more interesting", until that /also/ failed.