On 5/15/2020 10:13 AM, James Cook wrote:
> On Thu, 14 May 2020 at 19:40, Aris Merchant wrote:
>> On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 12:18 PM Aris Merchant wrote:
>>>
>>> Definition: To refer a proposal to a chamber is to set its chamber
>>> switch to that chamber.
>>

>> I CFJ "In a generic Agoran context, to refer a proposal to a chamber
>> is to set its chamber switch to that chamber."
>>
>> Arguments:
>>
>> I've been putting "Definition: To refer a proposal to a chamber is to
>> set its chamber switch to that chamber." at the top of my referral
>> messages since February. My hope is that people have seen it enough by
>> now that the average Agoran knows what it means without needing to see
>> the definition.
>>
>> -Aris
>
> I think it would be good to keep repeating the definition. Otherwise,
> even if current players now understand it, as new players join I don't
> see how they're supposed to figure it out except by guessing. With
> some Agoran jargon, guessing might be enough, but for a word that only
> appears once a week and only in one context, I don't think that gives
> enough information for people to be really confident in their guess
> about what it means.
>
> - Falsifian

Well e's not using a random strange word like Quang, either.  To "refer" a
proposal to chamber" seems similar enough to me (in common usage terms of
refer) to "set the chamber of a proposal" in R2607 (and there's not really
any other possible rules-interpretations), such that anyone who takes the
time to learn what a "chamber" is would likely figure it out...

-G.