On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM James Cook via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> > > TODO: what happens to exess lots?
> >
> > One option that I can see would be to have it go to Lost and Found or
> > have it returned to Agora. In either of these circumstances, there
> > could be some procedure for it entering a periodic consolidated
> > auction. We could also destroy it, but I don't particularly like that
> > option.
>
> For free auctions, it would make more sense for them to go back to the
> original owner. To keep track of this, "original owner" could be an
> auction switch. This could also be used to keep track of who payment
> should go to (which Jason brought up).
>
> If we're going to do that, we should consider sticking closer to the
> existing names to avoid confusing people trying to compare auctions
> before and after the change. Auctioneer for "original owner" an
> Announcer for person actually sending the announcements.

TBH, I've always found the existing wording extremely confusing. IRL, an
auctioneer is what current Agoran terminology calls the Announcer. It's...
weird. I'd favor making it less confusing rather than continuing the
current system.

-Aris