On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 5:55 PM Rebecca via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 4:55 AM Aris Merchant via agora-discussion <
> agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 10:40 AM Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion <
> > agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> > > judicial

> > > Inquiry cases:  Standard TRUE/FALSE/etc:
> > >
> > > Equity cases: Contracts, judgement is something like "to make up for the
> > > contract breach I'm transferring X coins from party A to party B"
> > >
> > > Criminal cases:  GUILTY/NOT GUILTY, procedure includes two sets of
> > > arguments (prosecution and defense).
> > >
> > > I'd add appellate cases, allowing you to appeal the judgement. The higher
> > court can then judge "AFFIRM" or "OVERTURN", and if it's the later they can
> > change the judgement.
> >
> > -Aris
> >

> Comment: I think you should not "lay the groundwork" like this without
> actually adding at least one of those types of cases (I think Criminal
> Cases are worse than what we have now, equity cases and appellate cases are
> cool and good though)

I disagree re criminal cases, but I've written a proto for generalized
equity cases. I'm highly disinclined to make them part of the same
proposal though because people might think that other types of cases
should exist but that my implementation of equity cases is bad. Cf.
the UNIX philosophy.

Anyhow, I retract "Judicial Diversification", but I'd still like to
get it in before the economic changeover.

-Aris