On 6/13/2020 11:10 AM, Jason Cobb via agora-discussion wrote:
> On 6/13/20 2:07 PM, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 11:01 AM Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
>> <agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>>> The master of a player CAN act on behalf of em to perform any action
>>> except the following:
>> You need to keep the word "zombie" in the above sentence somewhere,
>> otherwise this stops a person who is their own master from acting on
>> eir own behalf to do these things.
>

> Fixed, but the goal with that phrasing was to permit other rules from
> allowing acting-on-behalf to perfom those things. The current phrasing
> in the rule prohibits a master acting on behalf of eir zombie to do
> things in the list even if it would otherwise be permitted by a
> different rule (modulo precedence). The goal with the draft phrasing was
> to simply not provide a method for the things in the list, rather than
> outright prohibiting it.

Hmm - I missed that implication and it's a point against voting for it, I
think.  It would be nice if we didn't try to change any gameplay aspects
other than the mechanics of transfer and left actual game play decisions
to other proposals.  I think it's good to have an explicit CANNOT list
that we have to consciously modify rather than accidentally adding
abilities elsewhere if we word them too generally.