On 6/13/2020 8:02 PM, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:

On 6/13/2020 4:50 PM, Reuben Staley via agora-discussion wrote:
On 2020-06-13 17:42, Rebecca via agora-discussion wrote:
I am the dirty fool who removed the timestamps from the report, I tend to
do that with all my offices because it doesn't seem useful and I don't have
an automated way of collecting that information or anything.

The Treasuror Reports that I copied once I got into office all had
timestamps, so I have continued the trend. I have noticed, though, that
the timestamps in Thunderbird and on the archives don't always line up
100%. I do think that having timestamps for transactions like the ones
the Treasuror tracks can be valuable, but that perfect accuracy isn't
really that important, and including them isn't that much harder anyway,
so I just do it.

Reasons to include time:

- For reports like Tresuoror it's good to order transactions - exact time
doesn't matter but sometimes you want to replay a set of transactions
while assuming one of them didn't happen.  Adding a timestamp as you go
makes them easier to keep in order but I wouldn't go back and add them.

- I know people check reports for errors (again, mostly reports with
quantities that change alot like coin balances) and if there's a possible
error it comes down to looking and seeing "is there an entry in the
report's table of transactions that matches this message in my sent mail".
  Timestamp can be the best way to match that stuff up otherwise tracking
down errors can be a bear.  Again I wouldn't go back and add but useful
going forward.

Alright. I think I will just keep them as is for the first report, but have them for all actions taken after the first report.

--
ATMunn
future notary here :)