On 6/13/20 7:27 PM, Jason Cobb via agora-discussion wrote:
> On 6/13/20 8:16 PM, Rebecca via agora-business wrote:
>>> No, that's not right. It is calculated from the time of the resolution of
>> the intent, not the intent itself.
>>
>> I do intend to transfer a  victory card and also intend to transfer a
>> legislative card from the Lost and Found Department to myself, both without
>> objection.
>
> I know that coins are fungible, but let's consider if they weren't for a
> second.
>
> Assume L&FD had 3 coins: Coin A, Coin B, and Coin C, and I said "I
> intend, without objection, to transfer each coin owned by the L&FD to
> myself". I think that I would clearly have only given intents for Coins
> A, B, and C, even if Coin D was later transferred to L&FD, because Coin
> D wasn't a "coin owned by the L&FD" at the time of the intent.
>
> You're suggesting that the parameters to the actions are evaluated at
> the time the intent is resolved. Consider if the Registrar said "I
> intend, with notice, to deregister the person I have most recently
> designated as 'The One To Be Deregistered'." I think everyone would have
> a problem with that - the parameters to the action are arguably part of
> specifying the action itself.
>
> Rule 2595 requires that "[the initiator] published an announcement of
> intent that unambiguously, clearly, conspicuously, and without
> obfuscation specified the action to be taken and the method(s) to be
> used". If the parameters can only be evaluated at the time of resolution
> and not at the time of initiation, the specification arguably does not
> meet that standard.
>
> --
> Jason Cobb

Which part of those standards do you feel it doesn't meet?

--
nch
Webmastor, NAX Exchange Manager, Pirate

  • DIS: Re: BUS: Fine, I... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
    • Re: DIS: Re: BUS... Rebecca via agora-discussion
    • DIS: Re: BUS: Fi... Rebecca via agora-discussion
      • DIS: Re: BUS... Rebecca via agora-discussion
      • Re: DIS: Re:... nch via agora-discussion
        • Re: DIS:... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
            • ... nch via agora-discussion
              • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
          • Re: ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
            • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
              • ... Jason Cobb via agora-discussion
                • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
                • ... Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion
            • ... nch via agora-discussion
              • ... Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via agora-discussion
                • ... Aris Merchant via agora-discussion