On 6/20/2020 11:04 AM, James Cook via agora-business wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 at 22:04, Edward Murphy wrote:
>>
>> G. wrote:
>>
>>> The below CFJ is 3844.  I assign it to Murphy.
>>>
>>> status: https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/#3844
>>>
>>> ===============================  CFJ 3844  ===============================
>>>
>>>        The destruction of the Bazinga asset would lead to the destruction
>>>        of one or more rules, but for the Rule 'Agora is a Nomic'
>>>
>>> ==========================================================================

>> Per my judgement of CFJ 3843, Bazinga isn't an asset, thus the statement
>> is overly hypothetical.
>>
>> DISMISS.
>
> Shouldn't that be IRRELEVANT? That's the judgment "overly
> hypothetical" is associated with in R591.
>
> I intend, with 2 support, to group-file a Motion to Reconsider CFJ
> 3843. (Not a huge deal, but also seems like it should be easy to
> re-judge.) (I think we still have a little over 24 hours.)

I think the "insufficient information" in DISMISS can be read as "if a
statement is overly hypothetical, it also means we don't have enough
information about that hypothetical state to judge" so DISMISS isn't wrong
(even though it might not be the *most* appropriate when irrelevant also
exists).  I think the only time the distinction matters is when it impacts
a PARADOXICAL possibility (that forbids dismiss).

-G.