On 6/23/2020 7:57 AM, nch via agora-discussion wrote:
> On 6/23/20 9:53 AM, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
>> On 6/23/2020 7:49 AM, nch via agora-discussion wrote:
>>> This scam doesn't actually grind out economy to a hault, or at least it
>>> doesn't have to. When someone wins by victory points, cards and products
>>> get reset but coins, blots, and assets created by contracts don't. That
>>> means there should still be incentive to buy/sell/trade. If it looks
>>> like the scam is likely to succeed I recommend using what you have how
>>> you can and selling off the rest.
>>>
>> Trade what? coins, blots and contract assets were all the pre-Sets
>> economy.  not much to trade there.
>>
>> If I wasn't thinking "ok here's my next trade, and my next, and then I
>> have these products" that might be a comfort.  As it is, it's more like
>> "well might as well hold on to coins and there's no point in investing in
>> any cards and products except maybe expunge a blot if I've got one".
>>
>> -G.
>>
> Trade Cards/Products to someone who can use them before the reset, in
> exchange for coins which you'll still have after. If you have extra
> pendants and someone wants to pend some things, they may be willing to
> buy. The urgency of you ditching the extras presumably will make them
> cheaper now than they will be post reset.

ok.  I'll go ahead and plan for a week for something that's so uncertain
that I might as well just wait it out. no, not gonna. That's my personal
attitude and like it or not, somewhere in Economics 101 is the fact that
uncertainty suppresses economies, even on a toy scale.  Saying "hey you
can just change your strategy every time we get into scam/bug mode" is the
kind of thing that frustrates people and killed land, and spaceships.
Also consider your role:  one of the things that soured us more quickly on
shinies is that o [the designer] pulled at least one scam off the bat and
maybe two and we got tired of that... hey here's something for your thesis

[ps.  not annoyed at all with the scam attempt, if it sounds like I am,
just pointing out some realities of past consequences to keep in mind if
you want the system to thrive through this].

-G.