On 6/25/2020 11:16 AM, Reuben Staley via agora-discussion wrote:
> On 2020-06-25 10:41, Jason Cobb via agora-discussion wrote:
>> On 6/25/20 12:39 PM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus via
>> agora-discussion wrote:

>>> For simplicity, would it be possible for the Registrar to adopt
>>> regulations defering to the Treasuror's regulations?
>>>

>> The Registrar wouldn't need to write any regulations, e would just need
>> to pick a method that the Treasuror has defined in the auction regulations.
>
> For the record, I've been interpreting the auctions rule as saying
> something like "If the rules say you can run an auction, you can do so
> by any method (even one you specify on the spot) if it's identifiable as
> an auction. But also the Treasuror can make regulations that help
> players set up auctions."
>
> If this is not how this rule is to be interpreted, please correct me.

That's how I intended it when I wrote it, anyway.

I saw the Treasusor's role as maintaining a document with a method or
methods that were handy and would save effort (and over time, be debugged)
so as to "aid trade and commerce" without mandating it.

Making it a regulation ensures the document has version control, and that
some public review has to go into changing it, but I wasn't meaning it to
crowd out other methods that the auctioneer might prefer.

-G.