On 7/1/20 11:05 AM, ATMunn via agora-discussion wrote:
> FWIW I will probably vote AGAINST both of these as I have a black ribbon
> already, and the way this is worded, I'm not sure I could even get black
> glitter from it. Correct me if I'm wrong, however.

I believe you would get black glitter. Rule 2438:

>       Black (K): An Instrument CAN, as part of its effect, cause a
>       person to earn a Black Ribbon. When this occurs, this Rule awards
>       that person a Black Ribbon.

If you were to vote FOR, then you would "earn" a Black Ribbon. Rule 2438
would then attempt to award you a Black Ribbon (thus flipping your
Ribbon Ownership to include Black), but it would fail since you already
have it.

However, the following clause would still apply:

>       A person qualifies for a type of Ribbon if e has earned that type
>       of Ribbon within the preceding 7 days (including earlier in the
>       same message).

Since you would have earned a Black Ribbon within the past 7 days, you
would qualify for it. If we then look at the final paragraph:

>       While a person qualifies for a type of Ribbon:
>
>         - If e has not owned that type of Ribbon within the preceding 7
>           days, any player CAN, by announcement, award em that type of
>           Ribbon.
>
>         - Otherwise, if e has not been awarded that type of Ribbon or
>           the corresponding type of Glitter since e last earned or came
>           to qualify for that type of Ribbon, and has not been so
>           awarded five or more times within the past 24 hours, e CAN, by
>           announcement, award emself that type of Glitter.

You would have owned a Black Ribbon within the preceding 7 days, and you
would have just earned and come to qualify for a Black Ribbon, so you
would be able to award yourself the Glitter.

--
Jason Cobb