On 7/5/2020 10:17 AM, Falsifian via agora-business wrote:
>> ... what? It doesn't matter if it's "antithetical". The rule clearly
>> says "sole function". This is an ulterior function and therefore
>> violates the rule.  This interpretation means 'patches' dont't have to
>> be primarily patches which sets a terrible precedent.
>>
>> I CFJ: Welcome Package Patch's sole function is not to minimally rectify
>> a bug.
>>
>> Arguments: It does rectify a bug (although, again, it introduces a new
>> one). But it was forced through to prevent a scam. R2626 says "A player
>> SHALL NOT certify a proposal unless its sole function isto minimally
>> rectify a bug, error, or ambiguity". This has two functions: rectifying
>> the bug, and preventing a scam. Sole means only, as in "the only function".
>
> Here's another one that appears to be unassigned.
>
> (If you're just behind and were planning to get to these, let me know
> and I'll stop flagging them.)

Naw no worries - I got this one in my hopper now, because the one you
found first made me go back and look again at the whole week.

Now that I've withdrawn my cfj about objections, I've got:

- the one above
- one about contracts called by Aris (this week)
- one about 2+2=5 called by Cuddlebeam (this week).

Just looked through a few times, but feel free to let me know if I've
missed any others - these should be out pretty soon today.

-G.