On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 11:28 AM Kerim Aydin via agora-business
<agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> I support this.
>
> On reading the judgement, I'm quite amused, but left a bit dissatisfied.
> In particular, I don't see how this is different than other contract
> clauses that "affirm consent" via an elongated process (e.g. with Notice
> or whatnot).  The main difference is the final trigger is the passage of a
> deadline.  But that deadline is also public information.  If a public
> clause read "If noone objects to a change within X, it automatically takes
> effect", it's not clear to me that this would be blocked, as all the
> information is publicly available even if the deadline passes silently.

It might work for amendments, which only require consent. But here you
have to "publicly make an agreement", and I can't see how the
agreement is made "in a public message" if it takes effect
automatically after the message is complete? It strikes me as being
more akin to "I transfer G. 5 coins in 5 minutes".

-Aris