On 1/21/21 8:01 PM, Aris Merchant via agora-discussion wrote:

>> Amend R2422, "Voting Strength" by replacing:
>>
>>       A player CAN Buy Strength by paying 1 Extra Vote and specifying a
>>       current Agoran decision on which e is a voter. For each time a
>>       player has Bought Strength on a decision, eir voting strength is
>>       1 greater on that decision. If the decision is on a proposal, and
>>       the proposal's chamber and the player's focus are the same value,
>>       then eir voting strength is instead 2 greater on that decision.
>>       A player CANNOT Buy Strength for the same decision more than 3
>>       times.
>>
>> with:
>>
>>       A player CAN Buy Strength by paying 1 Extra Vote. A player's
>>       Voting Strength on an Agoran Decision is 1 greater for every time
>>       e Bought Strength during that decision's voting period.
>
> Should there still be a bonus if the proposal's ministry is the same
> as their focus? I'd prefer to add that, but if you don't want to you
> should delete chambers because they would be redundant (AFAICT).
>
> [...]

Good point on ministry, I'll defer to overall opinions on it.

As for the focus=ministry bonus, it was for flavor. I'm not sure it's actually
very interesting in retrospect.

>> Enact a new Power 1 rule titled "Strongest Voter Privilege" with them
>> following text:
>>
>>       The sole player, if any, who had the highest voting strength among
>>       all votes cast on all decisions resolved in the last 7 days CAN
>>       once grant emself a Voting Card by announcement.
>
> Should we be concerned about the "rich get richer" problem here?

This is sort of like a weekly all-pay auction, so spending a lot to win one
week reduces how much you have for the next weeks, and everyone can grab a
Voting Card once a month if they choose (via focus). So as long as it's
competitive, I don't think any single person will dominate it.

That said, it would be pretty good payout if you could manage to get it every
week paying only 1 or 2 EVs a week. Even paying 3 EVs a week for 3 weeks would
break even if you took the VC focus. So we may just have to see how it plays
out.

--
nix
Webmastor, Ministor, Herald