On 9/4/2021 11:52 AM, Kerim Aydin via agora-official wrote:
> [I'm not sure if the following is part of weekly duties or not, likely not
> but who knows]
>
> Mad Engineer's Weekly Device Report:  The device is currently off.

Wanted to expand on this comment.

I think it's more likely that it's an untracked switch.  But here:

>      The Mad Engineer is an office; its holder is responsible for
>      building and maintaining the Device.  The device is a singleton
>      switch with values off (default) and on.

I could see a judge making the following arguments:  the device is defined
as a switch.  The engineer's duties include "maintaining the device".
That must mean something.  The only reasonable sort of maintenance to do
on a switch is to track it, therefore tracking it is one of eir duties.

It's further complicated by this later on:

>   This intent announcement counts as the Mad Engineers's weekly report.

which is (I think?) the only place a report is actually defined as a
specific thing (as opposed to the rules defining "parts of reports" and
leaving us to infer that the sum total of the parts is a "report").

-G.