On Tue, 16 Nov 2021, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:

On 11/16/2021 6:38 AM, Jason Cobb via agora-official wrote:
I perform the following actions if and only if they all succeed:

{

I destroy 150 of Jason's coins.

I cause the Hot Potato Stone to be transferred to Jason.

I wield the Hot Potato Stone, transferring it to ais523.

}

Informal CFJ Addendum: I think that the above trick might (arguably) work
if reading R2645 in isolation, but only works if the winner of the auction
is the auctioneer.  Therefore, if this was relied upon to say "look, a
transfer is possible, so the auction happened" the problem is that it
isn't a "fair and equitable" method for conducting the auction as required
by R2545, since the winner can only collect if e is the auctioneer.  So it
would still mean the auction was never initiated, though maybe for
slightly different reasons.

Actually, looking at R2545, it also authorizes the _winners_ to perform the transfers.

Greetings,
Ørjan.