On 3/24/22 12:49, ais523 via agora-discussion wrote:
> This should specify the order of the repeals – repealing two rules
> without specifying the order doesn't work. (This is an important
> mechanic, both for working out the resulting gamestate in cases where
> it matters, and for catching accidental breakage that might repeal much
> of the ruleset simultaneously.)
True, this part is fixed in the upcoming revision thanks to some discord
feedback.
> I plan to vote against this proposal regardless, though; not only do I
> think the Set economy is still functional, I'm very wary of proposals
> to repeal the economy without putting a lot of thought into a viable
> replacement. Historically, attempts to repeal the economy without
> replacing it tend to cause Agora to fall into a multiple-month slump
> (and we already just repealed Glitter).
I think most people agree with the wariness overall. My thoughts are
that this still leaves boatloads and stones, and there's 2 or 3
promising economic proposals floating around on list and in discord. At
some point Sets has to move before those things happen.

I also have a small economic proposal planned for later.

--
nix
Herald