On 5/7/22 16:57, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
I agree with moving to something like this in principle, but I think that
the metric needs work.

  - you can clear your name by resigning and re-deputizing for the office;

FWIW if someone did do this they'd then have to do their job well afterwards for it to stick and doing that would be somewhat conspicuous, so it doesn't seem like a big issue?

  - there's no notion of forgiving the past without resigning in this
    manner;

  - as time goes on in an office, each missed report contributes less %, so
    it means the longer you hold the office the less the % matters and the
    less you might care (I have learned this point playing Wordle lol).

These both seem like good arguments to perhaps reset it on a time-frame. Quarterly would match with what we've done for blots before.

Overall this seems opposite of what we'd want a metric to do - which would
be to go lower if you missed a present/recent report, but forgive the more
distant past.  So I'm concerned this incentivizes what we don't want?

-G.

--
nix
Herald, Collector