On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 10:27 PM Jason Cobb via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On 7/15/22 22:02, secretsnail9 via agora-discussion wrote:
> > But this is still only one issue you've addressed: you can still totally
> > create something that already exists, you just make it exist again,
> > duplicating it. Arbitrarily restricting creation to things that don't
> exist
> > is atextual given it's not any actual rules, and the rules already say
> you
> > CAN create a proposal if you specify everything so it should work.
>

> No? That's not what "creating" something means. If I have a document,
> and I make a copy of it, I haven't "created" the original, I've created
> a copy.

You've still created the document again, though. It may not be the first
time it's been created (the original), but if it's identical, you can still
say you created it again, even if it is a copy (that just means it wasn't
the first time it was created). Especially in Agora where it is much closer
to identical. There is no rule in Agora or life, that something that has
been created can not be created again. The creation and thus subsequent
recreation (that is, creating but again) of entities is allowed by Agora,
explicitly, and to say otherwise based on semantics does not seem right to
me.
--
secretsnail