On Tue, Jul 19, 2022 at 2:49 AM ais523 via agora-business <
agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2022-07-19 at 02:46 -0500, secretsnail9 via agora-business
> wrote:
> > I do not create the following thing, which may be a proposal:
> >
> > {
> > Title: What is this
> > Adoption index: 1.0
> > Author: secretsnail
> > Co-author(s):
> >
> > If this is a proposal, each player that has a valid vote FOR its
> > adoption is granted 5 boatloads of coins.
> >
> > }
> >
> > If there is a proposal in this message, I create it.
> >
> > CFJ, barring ais523: I created a proposal in this message.
> >
> > Arguments:
> >
> > I think the "thing" up there isn't a proposal, but instead just a
> > list of attributes, but a recent CFJ makes me doubt this so I just
> > wanna see what happens
>
> Arguments: Creating a proposal is an action by announcement, meaning
> that you can't do it by stating that you aren't doing it. (This was
> different under some previous rulesets, IIRC; there are historical
> examples of proposals being created by mistake, but that can't happen
> under the current rules.)
>
> --
> ais523
>
> Just to be clear, I'm thinking the part that might have created a proposal
was "If there is a proposal in this message, I create it.", not the first
part of the message. The real question that needs to be answered by the CFJ
is what "If there is a proposal in this message" evaluates to. I think it
would be false that a proposal was in the message, since it was just the
attributes, but maybe the conditional doesn't care about that and works off
something else.

--
secretsnail