I would not like to be considered a coauthor on this one, as IIRC my only
contribution was to speak against the cfj changes which you kept, so I
don’t endorse that.  I think having switches that turn on and off on
tracking like that have the potential to create some significant level of
confusion with self-ratification eg if a switch is left off the list, then
ceases to be tracked invisibly, does it self ratify as an open case and
kick off the judge? Or since it’s a single switch type, it’s also not clear
to me that a “allegedly complete list” of the tracked ones wouldn’t ratify
the untracked ones to the default state. Just raises a whole can of worms
that could affect the status of ancient cases in a way we really might not
want.

-G.