On 2/28/23 13:30, juan via agora-discussion wrote:
Here's an idea for a rule. The text for the second paragraph is inspired
by Rule 478.

{
A Fingerprint for a document (the Plaintext) is a document that could
not have been reasonably created without knowledge of the Plaintext, and
which is, clearly and unambiguously, uniquely related to that Plaintext
in some specified way.

Doesn't "unambiguously uniquely" exclude hashes? As I understand it, hash collisions are theoretically possible, even for all the uncracked encryption methods. I think you need a weaker standard like "The fingerprint must be unique enough to not be reasonably used to identify two separate documents" or such.

--
nix
Prime Minister, Herald, Collector