On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 9:38 AM Forest Sweeney via agora-business
<agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> Unless it has another clear and unambiguous meaning,
> for each pair in the following list, text like the first item is
> another name for the second item.
> - Oppose, Object
> - Approve, Support

I'm very much opposed to this approach for common terms without
context.  I already have to consciously avoid words like "intend" when
I need to be informal (like pledge that I plan to do something).  To
add things like 'oppose' to the list when it's only a direct
action-producing synonym for 'object' in a specific limited context
seems extremely limiting to communication.

Also, I think we've talked about putting a dictionary in a more
flexible system than an encoded rule, like a Regulation that can be
adjusted with a tabled action not a full proposal for each adjustment?

-G.