On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 5:05 AM juan via agora-discussion
<agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> I'm thinking of proposing a sort of trading cards game. I already have
> some ideas. If anyone is interested in bouncing drafts on that theme,
> please let me know.

On thing your recent Fingerprints proposal got me wanting to try is
pre-planned moves with cards - that is, you have to commit to "these
are my next three card plays" ahead of time.  That would be really
interesting to me (we've done a couple trading card games before, they
can be really fun, but we've never done anything other than "play when
you want" in terms of play mechanics).  Here's a real rough draft of
what I was thinking:

      Each player has a Card Queue consisting of fingerprints.  If a
      player has fewer than 3 fingerprints in eir queue, e CAN add
      a specified fingerprint to eir queue by announcement.

      Once per [week?] a player CAN Reveal eir Top Card by
      announcement, specifying the plaintext for the oldest fingerprint
      in eir queue.  Doing so removes the fingerprint from eir queue and,
      if the plaintext clearly specifies a card in eir hand that e CAN
      otherwise play, plays the card, activating its effects and
      transferring the card to the discard pile. If the card is in eir
      hand but is otherwise blocked by the rules from being played, it
      is discarded without effect.

-G.