On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 6:42 PM Kerim Aydin via agora-business <
agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 6:13 PM Forest Sweeney via agora-business
> <agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 5:44 PM Forest Sweeney via agora-discussion <
> > agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> > > Arguments PARADOX: IF I successfully collected taxes, then the action
> was
> > > EFFECTIVE, and THUS, was NOT falsey.
> > > IF I didn't successfully collect taxes, then the action WAS NOT
> effective,
> > > and thus, IS NOT covered by No Faking, and THUS,
> > > I should not be found guilty.
> > >
> > > --
> > > 4st
> > > Referee and Deputy(AKA FAKE) webmastor
> > > Uncertified Bad Idea Generator
> > >

> > Sorry, I withdraw this CFJ, and instead:
> > CFJ: I am not guilty of violating No Faking by collecting taxes.
> >
> > Arguments PARADOX:
> > IF I successfully collected taxes, then the action was
> > EFFECTIVE, and THUS, was NOT falsey, and could not violate no faking.
> > IF I didn't successfully collect taxes, then the action WAS NOT
> effective,
> > and thus, IS NOT covered by No Faking, and THUS,
> > I should not be found guilty.
> >
> > However, I was found guilty of violating No Faking.
> >

> > (This CFJ is closer to what I am getting at for PARADOX)
>
> Gratuitous arguments for TRUE:
>
> It's trivially TRUE that 4st was not found guilty of violating No
> Faking by "collecting taxes".  E was found guilty of violating No
> Faking by asserting in public that collecting taxes (whether
> successfully or unsuccessfully) was done "as Referee".  The factual
> matter of whether tax collection was EFFECTIVE is in fact IRRELEVANT
> (as it impacts nothing in the game), what's relevant for the guilty
> verdict is that the act of collection is not part of the Referee's
> duties or abilities.

It is not part of my duties; it is also not not part of my duties.
With regard to ability, collecting taxes is not part of the rules, so it is
unregulated,
unless of course No Faking finds it effective, and therefore, successful.
:)

(I now see why you are arbitor, because drama is fun! DRAMA-LLAMA! :3)