On 5/2/23 01:01, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
> On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 8:38 PM Janet Cobb via agora-business <
> agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
>> [Proposal 8639
>> failed to make this change because it used "amend" for a power change.
>
> If everyone involved including you knew what it meant at the time so as to
> miss the “error” entirely, how could it possibly have been unclear, even by
> r105 standards?
> I maintain that “amend a rule’s power” is a clear synonym for “change a
> rules power” and is obviously not amending a rule’s text.

Well, past me is an idiot and I disavow everything they've said.

I've been consistent (or tried to be) in saying that "amend a rule's
title" doesn't work, and AFAIK there have been no legal challenges to
that (and it was suggested in Discord to legislate a different rule
rather than that my reading is wrong).

My reading is that R105 makes "amend" in the context of a rule mean only
and exactly changing the text of the rule, and any other usage is
inherently ambiguous.

--
Janet Cobb

Assessor, Rulekeepor, S​tonemason