On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 11:29 AM nix via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On 4/30/23 17:47, Edward Murphy via agora-business wrote:
> > I intend to award Employee of the Year to either Janet or snail,
> > subject to discussion.
> I'm not convinced this works as an official intent (I'm not even sure if
> it was meant to be one vs just a statement of what you plan to do). But
> I also would support giving this to either person. I can make the intent
> when/if you decide on a particular one.
>
> Very hard to choose between the two. Maybe other factors shouldn't
> count, but since neither has ever won any yearly award, and snail
> already looks like a lock for the Golden Glove, I'd personally lean
> towards Janet for this one.
>
> --
> nix
> Prime Minister, Herald

Funnily, this was the award I thought I was most in the running for. I've
put a lot of effort into running all the offices I've had, though I'm not
sure how it would compare to Janet's effort, and if effort is even very
important to consider (Janet probably runs eir offices more efficiently,
since most of mine aren't automated). I'm really surprised Janet hasn't
gotten this award already (I thought e had it already so I had more of a
chance!), so if it comes down to the two of us e definitely deserves it
more. But I thought I should mention we could both get it, if people think
our efforts are of similar magnitude for the last year: "Each indicated
Officer SHOULD award these titles to 1-2 persons each year".

I've held 10 different offices after all, many of which were important for
gameplay (Promotor, Arbitor, Notary, Registrar, and Notably Treasuror,
after Trigon left (Treasuror is probably the one that took most of my time,
despite being automated).) (Although dream keeper/ dreamor are the same
lol) I also made the spreadsheet for assessments, which it seems like at
least some people get use out of. (Thanks to nix for helping improve that!)
I spent a good chunk of my lifespan on doing officework, and plan on
continuing to do so (although it bordered on detrimental sometimes last
year, I should probably offload some of my offices).

Anyways I think we should both get it, but if not Janet should be chosen
over me, and I'll support such an intent from the Herald.
--
snail