On 5/13/23 15:47, juan via agora-discussion wrote:
> Janet Cobb via agora-discussion [2023-05-12 18:51]:
>> In Agora, the rules are clear. The clock starts running when the
>> infraction actually occurred, not when it was discovered or reasonably
>> could have been discovered.
> I'd argue this is a problem. If the investigation is to determine if there
> was an infraction, we couldn't possibly start counting from “when the
> infraction actually occurred”. We should instead count it from the
> moment the *alledged* infraction occurred.
>
> If there is doubt whether there was an infraction, a CFJ must be called
> and the deadline should be postponed (i.e., the Investigator can resolve
> the pointed infraction by deferring to a CFJ).
>
> There's some serious issues with Rule 2478.

An investigation explicitly does not involve determining whether an
infraction occurred. Only an actual, non-forgiven infraction can be
investigated.

Rule 2478 functions, though it does result in there being no duty for an
investigator to respond to a purported noting of a non-infraction.

--
Janet Cobb

Assessor, Rulekeepor, S​tonemason