On Thu, 2023-05-18 at 11:16 -0700, Kerim Aydin via agora-discussion wrote:
> hehe we can still fool old players sometimes - "intend" has a
> "specific meaning" for registration as well as for other contexts, so
> beokirby registered exactly as per the rules:
>
> >      An Unregistered person CAN (unless explicitly forbidden or
> >      prevented by the rules) register by publishing a message that
> >      indicates reasonably clearly and reasonably unambiguously that e
> >      intends to become a player at that time.

It's still worth warning the new players, though, because "intend"
wording works for registration, and (for a different reason) for the
first step in taking a tabled action, but doesn't work for anything
else.

IIRC the reason it works for registration is partly that new players
kept getting it wrong, and partly because we wanted to change the
registration rules to have an entire new set of "did my registration
work?" CFJs. That change was ages ago now, though, so I might be
misremembering the details.

--
ais523