On 1/10/24 21:15, Mercury via agora-discussion wrote:
> I'm trying to parse the Election Procedure, I think if the decision is up
> for voting that means the nomination period is ended, which means no new
> nominations? Or not, because it states more players can become candidates
> before the decision resolves.

You can become a candidate during the vote. The relevant bits of R2154 are:

      When an election is initiated, it enters the nomination period,
      which lasts for 4 days. After an election is initiated and until
      nominations close, any player CAN become a candidate by
      announcement.

[snip]

      An election whose nomination period is complete is contested if it
      has two or more candidates, and uncontested otherwise. Nominations
      close at the end of the poll's voting period or when the election
      is ended, whichever comes first.

It's a little confusing because nominations don't close at the end of
the nomination period. All the end of the nomination period signifies is
that the voting begins, and if there's only one option, that option
automatically wins. As long as there's more than one option, we go to a
vote and anyone can jump in during the vote. Not sure how we settled on
that procedure.

--
nix