On Tue, 2024-03-05 at 14:36 -0600, nix via agora-discussion wrote:
> On 3/5/24 14:24, Rowan Evans via agora-business wrote:
> > After that: If I have granted myself a welcome package 52 times AND
> > not granted Murphy 2.4, then 2.4 times, I grant Murphy a welcome
> > package.
>
> This still fails, you can't do something a fractional amount, so the
> specification of what you're doing is too unclear.

I guess this is yet another example of the "I say I do, therefore I do"
fallacy, which has plagued Agora for a long time.

Just saying you perform an action doesn't actually perform it unless
there's a rule that causes that statement to have an effect; when I
make a statement like "I wield the Radiance Stone", the statement
doesn't directly do anything, and the Radiance Stone only gets wielded
because rule 2641 triggers as a consequence of the announcement and
changes the gamestate (due to the definition of "by announcement" in
rule 478).

For something that isn't rules-defined, like taking an action a
fractional number of times, there's no way to trigger the relevant rule
because there isn't one.

--
ais523