On Sun, Apr 21, 2024 at 7:41 PM Matt Smyth via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> And at what point in the rules does it say when you are able to close
> registration for the raffle? The emails seem to show that you started,
> registered, then closed the raffle within about ten minutes. Surely there's
> something to prevent this from happening?
>
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2024, 10:37 am secretsnail9 via agora-discussion, <
> agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 21, 2024 at 7:06 PM Matt Smyth via agora-discussion <
> > agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> > > Result.

> > > So you collected your own stamp?
> > > ___
> > > Juniper
> > >

> > I got every stamp owned by Agora, which is a lot more than just 1 stamp i
> > think. Getting together the collector's report now (just gonna deputize
> > again).
> > --
> > snail

Here's the full Rule:

Rule 2687/0 (Power=1.0)
The Stamp Raffle

      Once per week, each player CAN enter the raffle by paying a fee of
      1 stamp of eir own type to Agora.

      Once each week, the Collector CAN and SHALL publish a Raffle
      Result by announcement, containing a list of players that entered
      the raffle in the previous week (the participants of the raffle)
      and the selection of a random player from that list (the winner of
      the raffle) if it is not empty.

      When a Raffle Result is published, each stamp that was owned by
      Agora at the start of the current week is transferred to the
      winner of the raffle (if there is one), and each participant of
      the raffle gains 1 radiance.

The key here is that raffle results went unpublished, leaving stamps in the
possession of Agora. Murphy, ais523, wunst, and Quadrantal all entered the
raffle one week, and then the next week there was no raffle result, so the
stamps they paid rolled over to the next raffle. Since i was the only
participant last week, I could claim all the prizes this week, since all
the stamps were technically owned by Agora at the start of this week.
--
snail