On Sun, Apr 21, 2024 at 9:08 PM Jaff via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> I will point out that there are multiple ways to take actions of an office
> without holding it which this wouldn't cover, such as delegation. I think a
> safer fix would be preventing a player who holds an office from taking
> actions corresponding to another office such that holding both would make
> them Overpowered.

Being able to take actions as another officer without holding the office is
useful, though, especially in some edge cases. Being unable to resolve
proposals because you're the promotor seems more dangerous than allowing it
only by temporary deputization, which already has some strict requirements.
Delegation may need another look, though, since it can be done with just
the consent of the delegating office and 1 other party, but it also has the
safeguard of being overwritten with agoran consent. Offices can also in
general be impeached with 2 Agoran consent, in case anyone abuses
delegation or deputization. This at least prevents becoming overpowered by
deputization, which most likely would happen by accident and could cause
other problems.
--
snail