secretsnail9 via agora-official [2024-06-23 19:29]:
> Calling all Agorans!
>
> With Agora's birthday coming up, we need a tournament to run.
>
> […]
>
> Anything that fits these requirements is fair game, and the sooner the
> better! (We have like 3 days if we want to start the tournament on the
> birthday, but there's no harm if it takes a bit of time to smooth out any
> loopholes and whatnot.)

I went looking in my backlog of drafts. Here's a couple.

HIGHEST NUMBER GAME
{
There should be at least 2 parties.

When Game Night starts, every party gets 12 tokens. Following that,
there are three rounds.

Every round is composed of three phases:

1. Bidding
2. Commiting
3. Revealing

During Bidding, parties must bet some amount of tokens. After betting,
parties can also raise that amount or settle. When all parties have
settled, it is Commiting phase.

During Commiting, parties that bet the most tokens in Bidding “play”
by commitment to a clear description of a natural number. When all
parties have played, it is Revealing phase.

During Revealing, parties must reveal the Plaintext corresponding to
the Fingerprint they published during Commiting.

After all Plaintexts are revealed, the party with the highest number
gains all tokens that were bet in Bidding, and all parties loose the
amount they betted. Then, the round is over.

After 3 rounds, the players with most tokens wins, and Game Night
ends. If there is a draw between some parties, the party amongst those
that played the highest number among all numbers played by any of these
parties wins, and Game Night ends. If there is still a draw, its a draw,
and Game Night ends.
}

TRADING CARD GAME
{
CARDS
Power 1.0

The Dealer is an Office.

Cards are a class of assets tracked by the Dealer in eir weekly
report.

Hitpoints is a natural number Card switch tracked by the Dealer in eir
weekly report. For a Card to "have N hitpoints" means that its Hitpoints switch
is set to that value.

Location is a Card switch tracked by the Dealer with possible values:

- Deck (default)
- Table
- Graveyard

To discard a Card means to set its Location to Graveyard. To place down a Card
means to set its Location to Table. Similarly, a Card is discarded if its
Location is Graveyard, and is on the table if its Location is Table.

Each card has a type which is defined by the rules and has at least
the following attributes:

- Name; a string
- Rarity; a natural number
- Effect; text
- Condition; text
- Health; a natural number

CARD DYNAMICS

A Player CAN, once per day, by announcement, place down a card e owns.

A Player CAN, once per day, by announcement, play a card e owns if it is on the
table. When e does so, unless this is blocked by other rules, the effects
defined for that card's type are applied if that card's type's conditions are
met.

When a Card has 0 hitpoints, it is immediatly discarded.
}

I also had an idea of an economic subgame which aimed to reproduce the
Seneca effect, but I think that'd take more time to develop.

https://cassandralegacy.blogspot.com/2011/08/seneca-effect-origins-of-collapse.html

--
juan
Aliveness: <fill>