ais523 wrote:

On Sun, 2024-07-28 at 16:25 -0700, Edward Murphy via agora-discussion wrote:

Gratuitous:

    * Jaff has been Speaker since April.

    * On or about June 4, ais523 won (Paradox, Zen, High Score).
    * On or about June 22, Janet won (Zen).
    * On or about June 27, snail won (Bangs).
    * On or about July 18, Mischief won (Bangs).

    * On or about July 23, 4st attempted to deputise to appoint snail
      (ineffective, the duty is to appoint a Laureled player, and snail
      was no longer Laureled), then attempted to appoint Mischief
      (ineffective because the previous attempt failed to make 4st PM).

      appoint Mischief. PM is not vacant, so R2160(7) applies:

        a) wasn't true (intent wasn't announced earlier).

        c) wasn't true (attempted deputisation wasn't temporary).

        b) may have been true. If each win created a separate "CAN once"
           ability and corresponding duty, then exactly one of those
           duties (the one starting on or about June 27) was within the
           14-to-28 day window. If the first win created a single ability
           and duty that persisted thereafter (with the later wins merely
           moving its target), then it was outside that window.

I don't have a strong opinion which interpretation should win. I'm not
recording the events in the ADoP database at this time, but that's just
because from a technical standpoint it's easier to add them later if the
CFJ is judged TRUE, rather than revert them if it's judged FALSE.

Gratuitous: I won on July 19 (by exploiting a bug in the cleanup
procedure for Win by Paradox), which is probably relevant.

Oh yes, I forgot to catch up on ALT before writing the above. So this
should be a trivial FALSE, as Janet also attempted to appoint a player
no longer Laureled.

--
[ANSC H:GE V:G B:0]