The case below is CFJ 3736, I assign it to omd.

===============================  CFJ 3736  ===============================

      When the Referee MUST impose the Cold Hand of Justice, e CAN do so
      by announcement.

Caller:                        D. Margaux

Judge:                         omd

History:

Called by D. Margaux:                             14 Jun 2019 15:27:27
Assigned to omd:                                  (as of this message)

Caller's Arguments:

omd wrote:
> I initially read the CAN as attaching to the preceding SHALL
> rather than the following one.  When read as intended, it authorizes
> the Referee to perform two actions.  One is to "announce" the Finger
> Pointing to be Shenanigans, which e doesn't need authorization to do.
> The other is imposing the Cold Hand of Justice, which e does need
> authorization for, but... even with this proposal, I don't think
> anything states *how* e can impose the CHoJ (i.e. by announcement).

I don’t think our recent CFJs have addressed whether the Referee CAN
impose the CHoJ by announcement. This logic implies that e CANNOT, and I
think I agree with it. What a mess.