status: https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/#3745
(This document is informational only and contains no game actions).

===============================  CFJ 3745  ===============================

      There exists an Agoran Decision to adopt a proposal with the title
      'It's caused enough trouble already' and with a valid adoption

Caller:                        Jason Cobb

Judge:                         D. Margaux
Judgement:                     FALSE

History:

Called by Jason Cobb:                             23 Jun 2019 22:07:24
Assigned to D. Margaux:                           30 Jun 2019 20:02:27
Judged TRUE by D. Margaux:                        01 Jul 2019 00:47:15
Motion to reconsider filed by D. Margaux:         01 Jul 2019 06:16:07
Judged FALSE by D. Margaux:                       01 Jul 2019 06:16:07
Motion for D. Margaux to reconsider:              06 Jul 2019 08:23:08

Gratuitous Arguments by G.:

When you submit a proposal, it is "optional" to include an adoption index
(R2350).  The default value in R1950 is "none" so that likely means the
result (if you submit without specifying at all) is a proposal with "AI =
none".

If you submit with an invalid (but optional) AI, I'm not at all sure
whether it invalidates the proposal creation or sets it at default.

For example, in the case of Rule Changes, if you say "Amend Rule XXXX
([Title])", including the [Title] is optional, but if you specify the
title incorrectly, precedent holds that it invalidates the whole rule
change as overly ambiguous, though that relies on the "Any ambiguity..."
clause in R105 specific to Rule Changes.
Falsifian specified an (invalid) AI of 0.5 when submitting the proposal
in question. So for more general by-announcement actions, does
specifying an invalid but optional parameter invalidate the whole process?

Gratuitous Evidence by G.: