The below CFJ is 3875.  I assign it to G..

status: https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/#3875

===============================  CFJ 3875  ===============================

      Somewhat Annoying Experiment has exactly 5 coins.

Caller:                        Gaelan

Judge:                         G.

History:

Called by Gaelan:                                 14 Aug 2020 06:17:58
Assigned to G.:                                   [now]

Caller's Evidence:

On 8/14/2020 06:17 PM, Gaelan Steele via agora-business wrote:
> I revoke 5 coins in that contract's possession by announcement.

Contract at time of the revokation announcement, from Notary's Report:

"Somewhat Annoying Experiment" (revision 1)
Parties: Gaelan

----------

The Eligible Revocation can be calculated as follows:
Let x be the lowest positive integer that, represented as a decimal
number in ASCII, has the SHA256 hash
9b722e5d98390e12c7f29dc74d30a52f2c152a35fd47f9614e35f235e025b085.
The Eligible Revocation is x % 10 (where % is the modulo operator).

This contract accepts any transfers of assets.

A party to this contract can, by announcement, revoke a number of coins
in its possession exactly equal to the Eligible Revocation.

Gaelan can, by announcement, transfer assets owned by this contract to
emself.

----------

Gratuitous Arguments by shelvacu:

Argument for FALSE:

Rule 1742 says that

"The portion of a contract's provisions that can be interpreted with
reference only to information that is either    publicly or generally
available are known as its body; the remainder of the provisions are
known as the annex."

and

"A party to a contract CAN perform any of the following actions as
explicitly and unambiguously permitted by the contract's *body*."

Because the integer x specified in the contract is information that is
not publicly or generally available, all portions that depend on it are
an "annex". Thus, revoking 5 coins was not effective because no part of
the contract's body allowed it.

While the contract states that "The Eligible Revocation can be
calculated as follows", that is simply not true. What is provided is a
way to /verify/ the Eligible Revocation. While theoretically 'x' could
be found via brute force has exactly one correct value, the process of
finding that integer would require resources that are certainly not
publicly or generally available.

Side note: I was going to add "... and does not exist on this earth" in
reference to what resources would be required, but I remembered that
bitcoin exists, and because of it so do large amounts of heavily
optimized ASICs that compute SHA256. I decided to do the calculation to
check. https://www.blockchain.com/charts/hash-rate shows the average
hashrate of the bitcoin network peaked at 126.941 petahashes/s (that's
right, /peta-/). At that rate (that is, if everyone in the world
currently running a bitcoin miner instead switched to finding Gaelan's
number), it would take */145 seconds! /*That's it!

Side note to my side note: I misunderstood Gaelan's note. The hash
itself is completely random, I misread and though it was a hash /of/ a
value between 0 and 2^64-1 (a 64-bit value). As such, brute forcing with
all the world's ASICs would be on the order of 10^60 seconds, or 10^50
centuries.