status: https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/#3889
(This document is informational only and contains no game actions).

===============================  CFJ 3889  ===============================

      Webmastor is an office.

Caller:                        Murphy
Barred:                        nix

Judge:                         Jason
Judgement:                     TRUE

History:

Called by Murphy:                                 15 Nov 2020 18:17:25
Assigned to Jason:                                15 Nov 2020 20:13:32
Judged TRUE by Jason:                             15 Nov 2020 21:53:16

Caller's Arguments:

   * Rule 1006 says "An Office is a position described as an Office by
     the Rules."

   * Rule 2616 describes the Webmastor's monthly report, but doesn't
     explicitly say that Webmastor is an office. No other rule mentions
     Webmastor.

   * Rule 2143 is titled "Official Reports and Duties", but defines a
     person's report first and an office's report second, though I
     don't remember us ever intentionally using the first in isolation.

   * Webmastor has been defined since June and no one else seems to have
     questioned this issue till now, though a judgement of TRUE on this
     basis may be considered an overly broad application of game custom.

Judge Jason's Arguments:

So it appears this is my fault. Proposal 8388, as adopted, enacts a rule
that explicitly states that "The Webmastor is an office." However, it
appears that the Rulekeepor (*cough* me *cough*) didn't copy the first
paragraph when applying the proposal. I'm sorry for making the mistake
and any confusion that it has caused.

Judged TRUE.

Judge Jason's Evidence:

ID: 8388
Title: The Webmastor
Adoption index: 1.0
Author: nch
Co-authors:

Enact a rule titled "The Webmastor" with Power=1 and the following text:

  The Webmastor is an office.

  The Webmastor's monthly report includes a Directory, a Changelog, a
  Warning Log, and an Error Log. The Directory lists notable
  currently maintained public resources. The Changelog lists notable
  changes to resources. The Warning Log lists notable potential
  issues, such as inaccurate or aging resources or unintended issues
  with a public resource. The Error Log lists notable losses of
  resources - where a resource has become inaccessible, unmaintained,
  or unusable. Where 'notable' is used in this rule its meaning is up
  to the Webmastor's discretion.

From
https://mailman.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-official/2020-June/013727.html

"Rule 2616", as appearing in the latest SLR:

Rule 2616/0 (Power=1.0)
The Webmastor

      The Webmastor's monthly report includes a Directory, a Changelog,
      a Warning Log, and an Error Log. The Directory lists notable
      currently maintained public resources. The Changelog lists notable
      changes to resources. The Warning Log lists notable potential
      issues, such as inaccurate or aging resources or unintended issues
      with a public resource. The Error Log lists notable losses of
      resources - where a resource has become inaccessible,
      unmaintained, or unusable. Where 'notable' is used in this rule
      its meaning is up to the Webmastor's discretion.
      History:

Enacted by P8388 'The Webmastor' (nch), 03 Jun 2020

Annotations:

From
https://mailman.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-official/2020-November/014393.html