The final results for the 2020 Silver Quill are as follows.

Finalists:
ID    Author(s)                AI    Title
8360  Alexis                   3.0   Social Distancing
8407  G.                       2.0   no stinking auction definitions
8408  nix, [1]                 3.0   Sets v1.4
8483  G.                       1.0   a minor adjustment
8514  Aris, nix, Trigon, [2]   3.0   The Buoyant Economy
8521  Jason, G., [3]           2.0   Stones

Honorable mentions:

ID    Author(s)                AI    Title
8291  Bernie, [4]              3.0   Interesting Chambers v3.1
8303  Aris, [5]                3.0   Contract Patency v3
8336  Jason                    3.0   Define "publicly"
8354  Alexis, [6]              3.0   Statutory Instrumentation
8363  Warrigal                 1.0   Somebody gets a coin
8388  nix                      1.0   The Webmastor
8402  Aris, Falsifian          3.0   Promises
8409  Aris                     3.0   College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences
8441  nix, Trigon              1.0   Transmutation
8476  ATMunn, [7]              1.0   Contract charities
8487  Murphy, R. Lee           3.0   Simpler ribbon switches
#NaN  Gaelan                   2.0   Agoran Bit-streaming

[1] Trigon, Falsifian, PSS, Jason, Aris, G., ais523
[2] nix, Trigon, G., Jason, ATMunn
[3] G., Aris, nix, Trigon, Gaelan, Falsifian
[4] Trigon, Aris, Gaelan, G., Jason, twg
[5] Gaelan, Jason, Falsifian
[6] Murphy, Aris, Gaelan
[7] G., Falsifian, PSS

I have prepared some comments on each of the finalists.

8483  G.                       1.0   a minor adjustment

This proposal was the first move in an absolute blast of a scam,
kicking off one of the most exciting scam/counterscam cycles of the
year. Congrats to Jason, nix, and G. for orchestrating it.

8521  Jason, G., [3]           2.0   Stones

Stones bring back the idea of assets with game altering powers, something
that we haven't seen for a long time. Their innovative nature makes them a
worthy replacement for zombies, even if they haven't fully caught on yet.
I shudder in fear waiting for the day when the Sabotage stone will first be
deployed, and I think we all look forward to seeing how this system
continues to develop. Great work, Jason.

8407  G.                       2.0   no stinking auction definitions

Before this proposal, we had problem after problem with the auction
rules. Delegating them to the Treasuror is a controversial idea
and we're still seeing how it'll work out. This proposal is an
amazing experiment into what happens when officers control the
rules. Thank you, G., for having the ingenuity to set it up.

8360  Alexis                   3.0   Social Distancing

This was my runner up for the year because of how much excitement it has
brought into the game. We considered using it to prevent two scams:
the infinite exile scam and G.'s dictatorship. Furthermore, it turned out
to be crucial to that very dictatorship. It isn't often we see something
that dramatically expands the room to maneuver in scams. Emergency Regulations
promise to be a source of fun for years to come.
Terrific work, Alexis.

8408  nix, [1]                 3.0   Sets v1.4

This is, in my opinion, clearly the best proposal of the year.
It has been the most successful economy in my time as a player.
Even if the general idea isn't new, making it work is a huge
accomplishment. Economies are hard, but nix has succeeded
outstandingly with this one. I cannot overstate eir accomplishment.

8514  Aris, nix, Trigon, [2]   3.0   The Buoyant Economy

Honestly, I would not have considered this proposal to be deserving
the Silver Quill. I am proud that brought what appears to have
been a new idea into Agoran economic design. Yet, the impact
of this proposal on gameplay wasn't as great as that of some of the
other proposals here. But, as I have been reminded, innovation can
be as valuable as impact. I hope my proposal will expand the range
of options available for the design of future economies. There appears
to be consensus to award the Quill to this proposal along with Sets.
Thank you, Agorans.