Thanks to some great help from folk on the cx_Freeze mailing list, I now
have the beginnings of a build system that will run across Mac and Windows.
 Currently only the "freezing" process, where the game files are turned
into an executable for your platform (either an .app bundle on the Mac or
.exe on Windows) is working across both platforms.  This means that to
build AQ you still need to have run a build on a Mac, or have got yourself
an AudioQuake.app from our Dropbox experimental folder, or from someone
else.  I'm working on porting the whole build system to Python, including
the downloading of support files such as sounds and maps, so it'll work the
same across platforms.

For now you can find some build instructions
at: https://github.com/matatk/agrip/blob/master/audioquake/BUILD.md

Cheers,

Matthew