--- On Tue, 1/20/09, patricia.sumamp...@cimb.com <patricia.sumamp...@cimb.com>
wrote:

From: patricia.sumamp...@cimb.com <patricia.sumamp...@cimb.com>
Subject: BUMI (TP Rp500) - Macquarie: Can't touch this
Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 9:07 AM

Subject: f BUMI (TP Rp500) - Macquarie: Can't touch this

34.8

14.4

3.7

Price/book

0.8

0.7

0.5

BUMI IJ rel Jakarta Composite Index performance, & rec history

Source: Datastream, Macquarie Research, January 2009 (all figures in USD unless
noted)

Analysts

Adam Worthington

+62 21 515 7338

adam.worthing...@macquarie.com

Albert Saputro

+62 21 515 7340

albert.sapu...@macquarie.com

Can't touch this

Event
§                           We reiterate our Underperform recommendation on
Bumi and our target price of Rp500. However, we cut our fair value from Rp3,630
down to Rp2,450 on the back of our global coal price forecast cuts.
Impact
§                          Forecast now closer to the cost curve and the end of
the downgrade cycle (hopefully). Our global commodities team have significantly
cut their thermal coal price forecast for JFY 2009–11 from US$100–105 to
US$70–75, on the back of a drastic global growth slowdown.
§                          Only 25–30% of production priced in 2009, leading to
significant earnings risk given potential for coal price volatility.
§                          Recent acquisitions appear expensive … The DEWA deal
was concluded at an 8x premium to the prevailing market price. Further, FBS was
purchased at US$20 EV/Reserves (vs current regional multiples of US$4
EV/Reserves) and the PEB was purchased at US$120m (which is a non-producing
mine with low CV coal of 4,800–5,200).
§                          … and significant questions are raised over
transparency. The FBS and   PEB deals, in particular, appear to lack
transparency as the FBS's office is registered in Bakrie's building, and Bumi's
President Director has only recently resigned as a Director of FBS. Further,
according to the Indonesian Coal Book, PEB is 90% owned by Bakrie Capital
Indonesia.
§                          Risk of future acquisitions to impact free cashflow
generation? We highlight the risk of expensive and non-transparent transactions
continuing, which could lead to a deterioration of Bumi's future free cashflow
(FCF).
§                          DCF valuation does not account for leakages of FCF.
Previously, our price target was predominantly based on the NPV of future
cashflows from Bumi's world class coal mining assets, KPC and Arutmin. However,
we now see the risk of leakages of FCF via acquisitions.  We arrive at our
target price by applying an 80% discount to an NPV valuation. We acknowledge
that this discount is somewhat arbitrary, but this it is appropriate given
uncertainty.
Earnings revision
§                          We downgrade our earnings by 33% and 65% for
2009/10.
Price catalyst
§                          12-month price target: Rp500.00 based on a DCF
methodology.
§                          Catalyst: Change in corporate governance; locking in
prices for 2009 production.
Action and recommendation
§                          We rate Bumi Underperform with a Rp500 target price
due to corporate governance concerns.

PDF (245 KB, 4 pages)

Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and has
been furnished to you solely for your use. You may not disclose, reproduce or
distribute the information in any way. Macquarie does not guarantee the
integrity of this e-mail or attached files.

Macquarie Capital (USA) Inc. affiliate research reports and affiliate employees
are not subject to the disclosure requirements of FINRA rules. Any persons
receiving this report directly from Macquarie Capital (USA) Inc. and wishing to
effect a transaction in any security described herein should do so with
Macquarie Capital (USA) Inc.

Important disclaimers regarding Macquarie research, including relevant
disclosures can be viewed at www.macquarie.com.au/research/disclosures.

To unsubscribe: Please advise by return email if you no longer wish to receive
this or other emails from Macquarie Research. Once advised you will be removed
from our recipient list. Macquarie Research Equities eqgmag...@macquarie.com

© Macquarie Group

Lebih bergaul dan terhubung dengan lebih baik.
Tambah lebih banyak teman ke Yahoo! Messenger sekarang!

Disclaimer:
This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information intended only
for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you may not use, copy or
deliver this to anyone else. If you receive this email by mistake, please
immediately notify us.
Opinions contained herein may be the personal opinion of the sender and do not
necessarily represent the views of the Company. If you are in any doubt as to
whether the opinions are officially endorsed by the Company, please contact our
Compliance Dept at (+65) 6225 1228 for clarification.

Join Facebook AKI dimana Anda bisa ber social interactive sambil bermain games
atau just have fun together. Compulsory bagi new members start 1 Jan 2008.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6247303045

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: